With the weather finally warming back up, spring is the perfect time to freshen up your space and tackle those maintenance projects you’ve been putting off.
A lot of these tasks seem inconvenient in the moment, but checking them off your spring cleaning list will pay off in the long run:
- Clean the gutters. Gutters that aren’t flowing freely can lead to water damage to your roof, siding, and the foundation of your home. If you let a blocked gutter build up, the cost to repair will likely be in the tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the severity of the water damage to your home.
- Keep up with pest control. Termites, carpenter ants, and other pests can lead to structural damage and health risks. Check your basement and attic for signs of trouble.
- Get HVAC inspected and cleaned. You should have your HVAC system cleaned and inspected every 3 to 5 years. Regular cleanings lead to better energy efficiency and can help you avoid a pricy breakdown.
- Add some curb appeal. Take the time before the leaves and flowers come back to trim back bushes and trees and add new plants and flowers.
- Deep clean areas. It’s a great time to tackle your often-overlooked tasks, like dusting off ceiling fans, washing windows, and rotating mattresses. Make your list, get to work, and then enjoy your freshened-up home!
Checking off your spring cleaning is not only necessary, it’s satisfying and can even lead to some savings!